From September 2018 our new home is Ludgvan Community Centre.
Ludgvan Community Centre, our new clubhouse is situated in the lower part of Ludgvan, just off the crossroads at Crowlas between Hayle and Penzance.
The new clubhouse is a warm and welcoming place with a seating capacity of around sixty people. Our membership has grown over the recent years and we are now classed as a medium sized club with around 40 members, although not all attend the meetings. We regularly have guests at our meetings, whether it be with a view to joining the club or just to see a guest speaker. Members of other clubs are welcome to join, several of our current members attend other clubs, one of the main attractions to them is the fact our club has a weekly programme that runs all year.
We have free light refreshments during the interval at every indoor meeting, however the bar at the centre is available to us if you fancy something a little stronger.
Our winter programme is held entirely at the clubhouse with a good mixture of events from workshops and guest speakers to members evenings and image selection for competitions.
- Guest speakers – Every winter season we have between six and eight guest speaker presentations, all photography related and covering a wide range styles and topics.
- Members evenings – Between six and ten evenings a year, members (voluntary) can choose to take part in one of our 10 minute evenings or do a half or a full evening. Recently members have shown slides, prints, AV (audio visual) and digital images. Oh and a quiz!
- Workshops – We normally have between five and seven practical evenings which include Lightroom and Photoshop clinics, still life photography using light boxes or table top with flash, or portraiture with models and a studio setup.
- Images selection – We have a single selection evening when we select the images for all our external competitions.
- Critique and review – Between three and five evenings where we pick holes in each others photos, the odd compliment does get thrown in too.
- Penwith League – Four evenings where our images are shown on the big screens and judged by external judges.
- Image of the Year – An evening with an external judge when he picks our digital image and print of the year.
There is plenty of parking at our new venue.
Ludgvan Community Centre
Penzance TR20 8ES