Murley Hall, our clubhouse is situated just across from the church at the top of Church Hill, in Ludgvan, which is just off the crossroads at Crowlas between Hayle and Penzance.
The clubhouse is a warm and welcoming place with a seating capacity of around sixty people. Our group is classed as small to medium and has around 40 members, although not all attend the meetings. We regularly have guests at our meetings, whether it be with a view to joining the club or just to see a guest speaker. Members of other clubs are welcome to join, several of our current members attend other clubs, one of the main attractions to them is the fact our club has a weekly programme that runs all year.
Our winter programme is held entirely at the clubhouse with a good mixture of events from workshops and guest speakers to members evenings and image selection for competitions.
- Workshops – We normally have between five and seven practical evenings which include Lightroom and Photoshop clinics, still life photography using light boxes or table top with flash, or portraiture with models and a studio setup.
Members evenings – Between five and seven evenings a year, members (voluntary) can choose to take part in one of our 10 minute evenings or do a half or a full evening. Recently members have shown slides, prints, AV that is Audio Visual (slide shows) and digital images.
- Guest speakers – About half a dozen each year covering a range of subjects connected with photography.
- Images selection – We have got this down to two evenings when we select the images for the DPIC and CPA competitions and when we select our images for inter club competitions when we take on another local club head to head for an evening.
- Interclub Battles– Two evenings when we are either hosting or visiting other local clubs in a head to head battle. When visiting other clubs these can fall on any evening from Monday to Thursday.
- Critique and review – Between three and five evenings where we pick holes in each others photos, the odd compliment does get thrown in.
- Penwith League – Five evenings where our images are shown and judged by external judges.
There is some parking but on busy nights parking on the road may be necessary. Please DO NOT use the White Hart Inn car park situated next to the church.